- On July 16, 2021, Union Minister of Power and New & Renewable Energy has inaugurated ‘Aiming for Sustainable Habitat: New Initiatives in Building Energy Efficiency 2021’ as part of ‘Azadi ka Amrut Mahotsav’.
About- Aiming for Sustainable Habitat: New Initiatives in Building Energy Efficiency 2021 was launched by Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE).
Need – Building sector is second largest consumer of electricity after industry but it is expected to become largest energy consuming sector by 2030.
- Realizing its importance, the Government of India is focusing on improving energy efficiency across residential as well as commercial building establishments.
The Initiatives launched under this new initiatives includes-
- Eco Niwas Samhita (ENS) 2021 and Online Compliance Tool
- ENS 2021 specifies code compliance approaches and minimum energy performance requirement for building services, indoor electrical end-use and renewable energy systems.
- ENS online compliance Tool is a desktop-based utility aimed at providing a platform to consumer and professionals of the industry, to help examine the design energy performance of residential projects on the benchmarks of ENS.
- Replicable Design for Energy Efficiency Building : Handbook and Online Tools-
- It is a compendium of ready-to-use resource of replicable type designs for design, and construction of energy efficient Home in India.
- The goal is to improve designers, and builders, knowledge and skills to create energy- efficient residential structures.
- The web-based platform is a learning tool that assists residential construction designers and builders in understanding alternatives approaches to developing energy efficient homes.
- Report on National Roadmap for Home Automation Technologies for Residential Energy Efficiency
- The research examines potential the smart home ecosystems, identifying barriers, drivers, challenges and opportunities.
- It will also be estimating smart home market in India along with the benefits on optimization on energy consumption in residential sector.
- National Training Programme on ECBC and ENS and Refresher Course for Master Trainers
- Over 15000 architects, engineers and government officials shall be trained in the 75 weeks of the Amrut Mahotsav, on Energy Conservation Building Code (ECBC) and Eco Niwas Samhita (ENS).
- Online Tool for Building Materials Directory of India
- It will eventually lead to the establishment of building material standards and labels.
- Energy Conservation Building Code 2017 (Revision 2021)
- ECBC has been revised in response to concerns raised by stakeholders in the construction industry.
- Online Tools for Energy Efficiency in Residential Buildings
- Online Tool for Star Labelling of Energy Efficiency Homes –
- Online Advanced Tool for Performance Analysis by Architects –
- Online Envelope Optimisation Tool
- Announcement of NEERMAN Award
- BEE’s national awards for energy efficient building design, NEERMAN (National Energy Efficiency Roadmap for Movement Toward Affordable & Natural Habitat) have been established with the goal of encouraging exceptional building design that adhere to BEE’s Energy Conservation Building Codes.
@ Yogesh Pratap Singh