Madhya Pradesh’s Burhanpur popularly known as the ‘Darwaza of Dakhin’, became the first Certified ‘Har Ghar Jal’ district in the Country.
- Certified in: July, 2022
- District certified: Burhanpur, Madhya Pradesh
- Certification based on: Self declaration by all the 254 villages in Burhanpur
- Related Scheme: Jal Jeevan Mission
What does the certificate indicate?
- The certificate confirms that every household is getting a regular supply of water of prescribed quality.
- It also indicates of no leakages from the distribution pipeline in the village, and that all the roads dug up to lay the water pipeline was restored .
- Village Water and Sanitation Committee (VWSC), responsible for the operation, maintenance, and repair of water supply infrastructure developed under the ‘Har Ghar Jal’ programme, has been formed in all 254 villages.