On June 1st 2022 The Times Higher Education (THE) released the latest edition of Asia University Rankings.
About the 2022 Rankings
- Launched by: The Times Higher Education
- Launched on: 1st June 2022
- Ranking based on: 13 performance indicators
- Key trait: This year’s ranking comprises 616 universities from 31 countries and territories
- Japan is the most-represented nation again this year, with 118 institutions, up from 116 last year.
- China is home to the continent’s top two universities for the third consecutive year.
- China is also the second most represented country with 97 mainland Chinese universities in the ranking, up from 91 last year.
- A Palestinian university is ranked for the first time and Saudi Arabia has increased its representation in the top 100 from four to six institutions.
Top Five Institutions as per the Rankings
- Tsinghua University ,China
- Peking University ,China
- National University of Singapore ,Singapore
- University of Hong Kong,Hong Kong
- Nanyang Technological University, Singapore