Why in News ?
- In June 2022, Delhi Government stated that about 10 Lakh students are part of Buniyaad Mission and attendance has always been recorded at over 65% every day.
- The Delhi government is working towards bridging the learning gap induced by Covid-19 for students of state run school under 'Mission Buniyaad.
About Mission Buniyaad
- The Delhi government had announced the launch of 'Mission Buniyaad' in February, 2018.
- It is being implemented in all the schools under the Directorate of Education (DoE) daily.
- Mission Buniyaad aim to improve the reading, writing and basic mathematical ability of children from class III to IX.
- The State Council of Educational Research and Training (SCERT) has updated learning material and teacher manual to be followed under this mission which includes a maths work book into stories to improve reading listening speaking and writing skill for students.
1. A Multi Pronged Approach
- Flexible rescheduling the academic time table and exploring options in collaboration with school, teachers and parents for providing access to education to a larger section of students.
- Giving priority to the less advantage students who donot have access to e-learning.
2. Making Online Education More Effective
- Shorter but quality discussions rather than long hours of monotonous sitting and one way communication, should be preferred.
- The teacher's role has to go beyond just being in control of the class to being a facilitator for the transfer of knowledge.
- Focussing more on Knowledge Aspect
- Education is not about competence but more about motivation. The students are meant to discover not just cover the syllabus.
- While the education is moving towards blended learning through online and offline mode, it shall be the endeavour of all the stakeholder in the field of education to ensure that no student is left behind.
- States and Union Territories have provided digital education at the doorstep of the students.
Some of them are :-
- Special Media Interface for learning engagement (SMILE) in Rajasthan.
- Project Home classes in Jammu.
- Padhai Tunhar Duvar (Education at your doorstep) in chattisgarh.
- Unnayan Initiative in Bihar.
- Operation kayakalp in Uttar Pradesh
- Kerala's own educational TV channel
- E-scholar Portal as well as free online course for teachers in Meghalaya.