Why in News?
- In May 2022, World Economic Forum has launched a new virtual Global Collaboration Village located inside the Metaverse.
- This initiative was launched during WEF annual meeting at Davos.
- The Davos Annual Meeting is the focal point for leaders to accelerate the partnerships needed to tackle global challenges and shape a more sustainable and inclusive future.
Global Cooperation Village
- In collaboration with the Strategic Partners Accenture and Microsoft, presented the overall concept and architecture of the Global Collaboration Village.
- The Village will provide immersive spaces where stakeholders can convene, create and take action on the world’s most pressing challenges.
- WEF to harness the potential of the metaverse as a platform for collaborative, inclusive and effective international action.
- Global cooperation – To create a new virtual space where global interaction can be enhanced and cooperative solutions found.
- Interactivity – To provide immersive experiences to foster a better understanding of key global challenges;
- Inclusivity – To offer a collaborative public space where broad participation in discussions about pressing global issues is both encouraged and enabled; and
- Impact – The platform and all of its goals are geared towards catalysing more effective individual and collective action following the Forum’s mission statement and commitment to improving the state of the world.
- The metaverse will influence the way, people, governments, companies and society at large think, work, interact and communicate for the purpose of collectively addressing issues on the global agenda.
The Global Collaboration Village will be an extension of the World Economic Forum’s public private platforms and in-person meetings and will provide a more open, more sustained and more comprehensive process under one roof.