Why in news?
- On 12 May 2022,Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs & Petroleum and Natural Gas,launched the BHARAT TAP initiative at the ‘Plumbex India’ exhibition.
- Plumbex India’ exhibition was aimed for products and services related to the plumbing, water and sanitation industry.
- BHARAT TAP initiative is to provide low-flow, sanitary-ware at scale, and thereby reduce water consumption at source considerably.
Nirmal Jal Prayas’ initiative
- NARDECO(National Real Estate Development Council) MAHI’s ‘Nirmal Jal Prayas’ initiative was also launched during the exhibition.
It is an initiative through which advocacy, awareness and amplification towards saving water will be disseminated and highlighted,which will work for saving of 500 crore litres of water per year.
NAREDCO's Mahi is NAREDCO Women's Wing for empowering women entrepreneurs and encouraging participation of women in the real estate sector and allied fields.
- The states are in the process of proposing projects through State Water Action Plans and under AMRUT,there has been an enormous quantity of pipelines has been laid across the country.Water-saving is a universal responsibility of every person. In order to save water, we have to adapt various means,the BHARAT TAP initiative shows a new way to reduce water usage.