- On 21st April 2022, state government of Kerala entered into a MoU with the Netherlands for Cosmos Malabaricus project.
- To further understand the history of state of Kerala using 18th century Dutch documents.
- Using these documents, to study history of Kerala between 1643 to 1852.
What will happen under the project?
- Two students from kerala will get an opportunity to study at Leiden university for MA Degree.
- Students of Leiden University will get an Internship at the Kerala council of historical research.
- In addition to student and scholar exchange, the KCHR and Leiden University will organise a two week summer school each year.
Project will help kerala to further its understanding of Malabar's history of 18th Century and develop more cooperation with Netherlands.